SCREEN-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Belandean ----- <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:46:26 PDT
Krin,
One film which may be of interest to you is "The Warriors", 1979, directed
by Walter Hill. This film's use of black radio announcers, not to mention
the camera's extreme close-up of the black 'female' announcers mouth, may
fit in nicely with the nondiegetic use of race.
D. Olson
Dept. of Enlish
Central Wash. University