SCREEN-L Archives

August 1999, Week 5

From:
Lee Parpart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:56:53 -0400
I'm looking for information about silent film star Donald Keith. Does anyone
know, for example, how well or poorly he handled the transition to sound,
why he suddenly veered off into Westerns in the early '30s (after romantic
leading roles in flapper films such as Plastic Age and Bare Knees), and what
ended his career after only 9 years and 33 films? I'm not a silent film
expert -- just a growing Keith fan and video columnist who had a chance to
write about him recently (re. his work with Clara Bow, recently released by
Kino on Video) but lacked some of the information I would like to have had
at the time.

Thanks for any input,
Lee Parpart