SCREEN-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
Belandean ----- <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:36:44 PDT
I am very interested in this line of discussion, but I would like to know
more about the programs available for film theory and/or history. I am
currently a graduate student (in English, but I have discovered film and am
concentrating my study in film theory) and I am seriously considering
continuing on to a doctoral program. I love film and would love to spend my
life teaching film theory. But, as everyone knows, the job market for those
with an English/Literature degree is not the best. I am curious about the
opinions of those on the list who are teaching film-- is it worth the effort
to continue on?
D. Olson
Central Washington Univ.