SCREEN-L Archives

July 1999, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 07:34:52 -0700
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:10:38 -0500, From: "Richard J. Leskosky"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I saw EYES WIDE SHUT  last night, and I wonder if something had been
> snipped from the early scene of lovemaking between Bill and Alice.  The
> music track of "Baby's Done a Bad Bad Thing" seemed to end far too
abruptly
> in what I saw.

The same thought occurred to me, Richard.

The EWS trailer that was shown at ShoWest (and widely distributed on the
Web) consists of Cruise and Kidman embracing and runs 83 seconds--although
that includes some graphics as well.  Still, the shot seems to run longer
than in the final film.

In a film that runs 2.5 hours, it seems odd to trim these few seconds (if,
indeed, that is what's happened).

--Jeremy Butler