SCREEN-L Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
paul wiener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:28:26 -0400
I will give her the eyes. Many cats and deer have beautiful eyes too. Bill
Viola made a great video in part about cows' eyes. As to her prime, didn't
that occur while Marilyn, Ava, Sophia, Audrey, Simone, and other true
beauties were making films?

By "not supposed to discuss," do you mean personal responses to actors or
movies, Eliz. Taylor, personal prejudices, audience response, humor,
non-documentable commentary? Cheers.

At 11:37 AM 7/13/99 -0500, Donald Larsson wrote:
>Boris comments:
>

>> >By the way, am I the only man on earth who doesn't think Eliz. Taylor was
>> >or is beautiful, except in a textbook kind of way?
>>
>> No, Paul, you are not. I'm not sure she is good looking even 'in a textbook
>> kind of way'.
>
>This is not the kind of thing we're supposed to discuss on this list,
>but since it's summer (and hoping that Jeremy is distracted) I have to
>say, Catch Liz in her true prime of early adulthood, somewhere between
>FATHER OF THE BRIDE and A PLACE IN THE SUN.  And, as someone else
>observed here, you have to get the right color process to understand
>why Gary Trudeau titled one of his Doonesbury collections, "A Tad
>Overweight Perhaps, But Violet Eyes to Die For"!
>
>Don Larsson
>

>----------------------
>Donald Larsson
>Minnesota State U, Mankato
>
>----
>To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
>in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

Paul B. Wiener
Special Services Librarian
SUNY at Stony Brook
Melville Library