SCREEN-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Rene Albert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:44:29 PDT
I've been listening to the Film Music of Vladimir Ussachevsky (New
World Records 80389-2) lately.  I was perplexed by a comment in the
liner notes.

"... Suite from No Exit (1962), from the film of Jean-Paul Sartre's
play No Exit directed by Orson Welles, ... "

Well a quick check through IMDB reveals a film by the name of 'No
Exit' made in Finland in 1962 by director Tad Danielewski, with the
music of Ussachevsky.  However no references are made to Sartre's play
in the writing credits or Welles.  Can anyone comment as to Welles
involvement with the project if any? or give details about the film
itself and its availability.

Thank you,

- Rene Albert