SCREEN-L Archives

April 1999, Week 2

From:
NetLearn Languages <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:08:06 +0000
Dear Colleague,

Certificate in On-Line Teaching of English

(Some quotes from course participants: "I feel like I do when I'm leaving a good
party, tired, but not wanting to go!"

"It was a great session on Sunday. My mind is bouncing ideas around like ping
pong balls."

"It was a great class today. I can't stop thinking about what we learned to do
and also the discussion topics."

"It [the Pre Course Task] was certainly a thought-provoking assignment which
I enjoyed doing.")

Our first COLTE (Certificate in On-Line Teaching of English) course is now under
way, and as well as several career TEFLers, includes an associate professor of
EFL and a language school owner.

The course is for experienced EFL teachers who want to be part of the on-line
distance teaching revolution that is upon us.

The main feature of the course is the use of Internet conferencing for English
language teaching, which NetLearn has been pioneering for the last eighteen months.

The course also covers a wide range of other methods of on-line teaching and
how they can be used cohesively and purposefully.

Participation on the course is by Internet conferencing and other Internet-related
media, and therefore the location of participants is unimportant. On-line teaching
practice is included in the course, together
with tutor support/feedback, peer collaboration and guided research work. The
course tutors are experienced on-line teachers and teacher trainers.

Full details and enrolment/enquiry facilities are available on the course website
at http://www.colte.com,
and you are also welcome to contact us directly by email (mailto:[log in to unmask]),
fax, phone or post.

Please spread this information to your colleagues.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Haverstock
Managing Director
NetLearn Languages  http://www.nll.co.uk / http://www.nll.co.uk/colte
Call me using NetMeeting
Tel: +44 181 981 1333   Fax: +44 181 981 7333
Roman House, 9/10 College Terrace, London E3 5AN, United Kingdom.

NetLearn Languages is the first Internet-only language school, teaching
English live on-line to individuals and companies worldwide.