SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
mpomeran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:14:27 -0500
Re Ken's note:

He will certainly please himself by looking at PSYCHO again no matter
what I write here, but yesterday morning, as it happens, one of my
students had occasion in a seminar to screen that particular sequence.  I
was watching, as I would have been anyway, on tip of seat, and in fact
looking to check on something else, but I can affirm quite definitely
that a drop of water does fall over the top part of her, rather over her
hair or forehead.  There is also water on her face that is frozen in
place.  We see the drip at the proximal end of the reverse dolly.

By the way, as a shot it is exceptionally beautiful, and if he used a
photograph and dripped water on the photograph, bravo for that.

University of Alabama.