SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Francine Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:20:03 -0800
Stephen Tropiano wrote:

> I am doing research on HOllywood film endings. Specifically, I
> am looking for suggestions of endings that warrant a second llok.
> I would appreciate any information on
>
> 1. films endings which were dramatically changed in adapting a
> book or stage play to the screen (like the recent
> Scarlett Letter)

To previous posts, I would add "The Firm," which used a completely
different ending from Grisham's book.

> 2. unusual end credit sequences (films in which
> the end credits are spoken, films which include outtakes in the
> ending) or anything else out fo the ordinary.

I would include "Schindler's List" in this group.

> 3. any films which had alternative endings (i.e. Fatal
> Attraction, etc.)

I would add "Talk of the Town" where two alternative endings were filmed
and previewed. The one most popular with audiences was released.

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite