SCREEN-L Archives

December 1998, Week 5

Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 14:48:31 -0500
The play was first written (by Baum himself, but modified heavily by
producerss) in 1902, and toured until about 1907.  The first film (now
disintegrated), _The Fairylogue and Radio-Plays_ was released September
24, 1908.  It was followed by others in 1910, 1914 (so drastically
altered by Baum himself that it was the basis of _The Scarecrow of Oz_),
and 1925 (which MGM borrowed heavily from).

Scott