SCREEN-L Archives

November 1998, Week 5

From:
Lee Parpart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:02:51 GMT
Hello all,

As someone who also believes that "Buffy rocks" and has toyed with the idea
of writing about the show, I'm wondering if anyone has come across any
scholarly work on it yet. Mark Kingwell (pop cultural philosopher currently
teaching at University of Toronto) wrote a lovely little essay that appeared
in _Saturday Night_ (comparing Buffy favourably to Ally McBeal), but I have
a feeling someone must have written a more in-depth piece about the show by
now.

Lee Parpart
Ph.D. student, York University, Toronto

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite