SCREEN-L Archives

October 1998, Week 5

From:
Ivan Raykoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ivan Raykoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:34:43 -0800
Hello film/video sleuths,

For a new production I am looking for a film or video copy of the 1947
Hollywood movie "The Other Love," starring Barbara Stanwyck and David
Niven, dir. Andre de Toth. It does not seem to be available on video
commercially, so I am wondering if any one can advise me on finding it
through other channels. The UCLA archive does have it, but apparently
won't loan their stuff out or make copies.

All I know, from the studio/business angle, is that the studio was
Enterprise, which went bankrupt in 1953 and was turned over the Sunset
Securities, and Bank of America later foreclosed on the film.
Suggestions/leads on licensing and rights would also be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Ivan Raykoff