SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 4

From:
Pip Chodorov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:03:56 EDT
Boris,
A very interesting cognitive approach was published in France by Klincksieck
in 1985: Michel Colin: "Langue, Film, Discours". This was an attempt to apply
Chomsky's generative and transformational grammars to the study of film
language. Unfortunately Colin died just two years after this was written so he
was never able to follow through on these theories with practical examples.
-Pip Chodorov
(Univ of Paris, France)

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite