SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 2

From:
Maureen Furniss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 10:46:23 +0000
Call for Papers
United Productions of America (UPA) Anthology

I would like to receive proposals for essays about the influential
American animation studio UPA and closely related topics (for instance,
modern art and animation; the first motion picture animation unit during
WWII; the Disney strikers). Please send a 250 - 750 word proposal
outlining your topic and methodology, along with your c.v. (indicating
related research and publications). The deadline for receiving
proposals is December 1, 1998.

About the editor, Maureen Furniss -- I have just completed a book, Art
in Motion: Animation Aesthetics, which is being published by John
Libbey, the leading publisher of Animation Studies books. In the United
States, the book is being distributed by Indiana University Press. I am
Assistant Professor and Program Director of Film Studies at Chapman
University (in Orange, California). I am also the Founding Publisher
and Editor of Animation Journal. For more information, see:
http://www.chapman.edu/animation/editor/mf.html

Send proposals to:

Maureen Furniss, Ph.D.
Film Studies