SCREEN-L Archives

August 1998, Week 1

From:
Chris Worsnop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:45:42 -0400
Re courts martial:

"Breaker Morant". from Australia
Can't remember the title of this one: It's  a British movie of the Raj era
in India with
Christopher Plummer, Michael Redgrave and Richard Attenborough playing
supporting parts in a story
about a wrongful charge of assault upon an officer's widow in the garden of
an officers' mess.

Chris M. Worsnop

WRIGHT COMMUNICATIONS
2400 Dundas Street West
Unit 6, Suite 107
Mississauga,
ONTARIO, CANADA
L5K 2R8

Phone: (905) 823-0875
Email: <[log in to unmask]>

Homepage: <http://www.screen.com/mnet/eng/speakers/cw/worsnop.htm>

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."
Edgar Allan Poe, 1809-1849

----------
> From: plath3 <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Courts-martial
> Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 7:09 AM
>
> Dear List:
>
> I'm interested in the topic of the court-martial in film and wondered
> whether there are any good sources on the subject. Also, I would be
> interested in identifying films on this topic. I, of course, am familiar
> with The Caine Mutiny, A Few good Men, Crimson Tide, The Court-Martial of
> Billy Mitchell, and Paths of Glory. But my list stops about there.
>
> I would appreciate any thoughts you might have.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Peter Latham
>
> ----
> Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
> University of Alabama.

University of Alabama.