SCREEN-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:56:10 -0500
 A friend gave this to me on the grounds that I watch it all the way
through.  I copy-pasted this from www.vexmag.com/ads/beastsinfo.shtml

It is certainly the worst film I've ever seen (though I've never seen _The
Creeping Terror_, _The Beast of Yucca Flats_, or _Manos, The Hands of
Fate_).

Before reading the ad, here are some other films worse than Plan 9:

Mutant on the Bounty (Robert Torrance)
Dracula vs. Frankenstein (Al Adamson)
Freaked (Alex Winter and Tom Stern)
They Saved Hitler's Brain (David Bradley)

Two of these are supposed to be funny.  None are, they're just bad.  There
is a great line in the Adamson film:

Guy:  Are you going to the protest tonight?
Girl:  Why?  What are they protesting?
Guy:  I don't know, but it sounds like fun.

     The Super Sale of Carl J. Sukenick's Alien Beasts. Alien Beasts is an
action-packed horror sci-fi adventures of a lifetime
     with super mega hi-tech special effects by Joe Penna and Dante
Studios. There other projects include the T.V. show "Tales
     From The Darkside".

          Alien Beasts is a disturbing vision of alien invasion. - Legion
Of Terror Magazine

          Alien Beasts is also endorsed by Sub-Genre Magazine and loved by
Psychoholics Unanimous Magazine.

     Send a $15.95 check or money order payable to:

          Carl J. Sukenick
          305 West 28th Street, #12D
          New York, NY 10001

The film is disturbing because Carl (as himself) slaughters all his
friends, his friend Joe tries to punish a female enemy agent with rape
(though he is transformed into the Bad Taste alien before getting close,
and said agent wastes time playing around topless with the weapons before
she actually steals them (which is why she gets caught in the first
place), all while wearing a black mask.  Deveen Dellisee (the agent)
sounds like a fake name.  I wonder why? ;)

Scott

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite