SCREEN-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Alan Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 21:23:16 -0800
I teach a television writing course and one of the hardest things students
have to deal with is creating a two-column (audio/video) format script with
a word processor. I've long since figured out a way to do it that works for
me, but there MUST be a piece of software made for that format. I
understand that there is an application called Side-by-Side, and I checked
out their web-site, but on that basis I was unimpressed.

I'm also told that Final Draft will also create a two-column script, in
addition to standard movie format, but it's a little pricey to buy and
maybe find out that it isn't quite what I'm looking for.

So, what about it? Who out there can recommend something? I'd like to get
past that typical first few weeks in every semester when I get the
damndest, most unreadable "scripts." I invariably just tell some of them to
literally cut and paste.