SCREEN-L Archives

April 1998, Week 1

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:29:51 -0500
Lewis's books seem very writerly, with all sorts of parenthetical remarks
that make it difficult to get involved with thes story, though he did this
less as it wore on.  This is one reason I have yet to see why these books
are considered so much superior to Baum's, just because the publisher got
the series to continue, with much inconsistency, through other authors of
varying quality.  This seques into a request for films that reference
Baum/Oz in any way, even if a reference to the MGM movie (of which none of
the dialogue has anything to do with Baum's). PLEASE check the IMDb, as I
already have every reference/spoof for that film they have listed.  I want
things I haven't turned up yet, and my list is so long I don't want to
retype it.

Scott