SCREEN-L Archives

March 1998, Week 3

From:
John Eno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:39:32 PST
Over the weekend I watched Lost Highway, The Game, 12 Monkeys, Dark
City, and Brazil. I'm really curious as to what other films have been
made that use the idea of the main character (and therefore the
audience) not know who he/she is or whether or not events occurring in
"reality" (ie, the narrative of the film) are actually happening to them
or are symptoms of insanity, brainwashing, etc. Does anyone know of any
other films that fall anywhere near these guidelines?

John Eno