SCREEN-L Archives

March 1998, Week 1

From:
Aylish Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:40:50 GMT0BST
about the gay/lesbian/bi tv characters - did you only want examples
from US tv?

from what we get imported to the UK:

there's Doyle in ER,

 there was another hospital program which i
caught once, but featured a mother who was in a lesbian relationship

Sandra Berhard's character in Rosanne

Melrose Place, which I've never seen, has a gay character

oh, yes, Frasier has a gay character as well who appears
occasionally, Giff i think is the name

there's a number of example from UK tv - let me know if those are of
interest

Aylish Wood
Department of American and Canadian Studies
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
NG7 2RD

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite