SCREEN-L Archives

February 1998, Week 1

From:
Paul Joseph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:12:43 -0500
Films, television, and other popular culture mediums bombard the public
with images of law and lawyers.  They also reflect popular views of what
lawyers are and what they do.  For many people, fictional accounts of
law and justice may constitute their most powerful continuing vision of
law.

We announce a new Web Site Journal, "Picturing Justice,"
http://www.usfca.edu/pj which aims to chronicle and comment on
portrayals of law and justice issues and the legal profession in films,
television, new media and other popular culture formats.

We solicit articles, reviews, and news on any aspect of law and popular
culture.  Comments on posted articles are also invited and can be posted
directly from the Web Site.

The Site will contain both scholarly articles and those aimed at general
audiences.  We are particularly (but not exclusively) interested in
articles and reviews of from 500-2000 words which make a clear point in
language accessible to all.

Material should be submitted to:  [log in to unmask]

Webitors:

John Denvir
Paul Joseph
Rob Waring

Paul R Joseph, Professor of Law and Director of International Programs.
Nova Southeastern University Law Center, 3305 College Ave., Fort
Lauderdale FL 33314.  (954) 262-6171 (v), (954) 262-3835 (fax).

University of Alabama.