SCREEN-L Archives

January 1998, Week 3

From:
Meredith McMinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:19:32 -0800
Hi, all.

I'm back asking for help.  A colleague and I are developing a
closed-access internet tutorial for an intro class we both teach and we
are looking for a picture the depicts a film set and shows actors,
director, camera and lights (at a minimum) and would be great if it had
script supervisor and/or boom, as well.  We can find such pictures in
books (usually very small), notably the Hitchcock/Truffault book, but our
art department says we need a slide or print.

I have inquired to Rick's Movie Photos (or something like that), which is
on the web.  I also tried to find sources
for the pix in the Hitchcock book, but could not track them down.

Anybody know where we can get our hands on such a photo?  We don't care
who the director is or what movie.  We can pay a (small) fee for the
picture.  Since it's for class use only, we shouldn't have a problem with
copyright.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Meredith McMinn
UC Santa Barbara