SCREEN-L Archives

December 1997, Week 5

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 15:25:44 -0700
On  Wed, 31 Dec 1997 15:39:10 +0000 [log in to unmask] said:

>I'm looking for a resource in the net featuring lists of world
>sellers of films (features, shorts, experimental, any kind).
>Anyone knows where can i go?.

Hi Pablo,

Jim Thompson maintains a great list of mail-order sources for films
on videocassette:

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite/misc/vidlist.htm

It's mostly U.S. sources, but I'm sure that many of them would ship
to Argentina.  Many of the sources he lists have Web sites, but he
also has postal addresses for most of them.

I'm not certain if many handle PAL-format tapes (or does Argentina
use NTSC-format, as the US does?).

If you're looking to buy films *on film*, perhaps you can get some
assistance from the film distributors who tune into Screen-L.

Regards,

----
Jeremy Butler
ScreenSite http://www.sa.ua.edu/ScreenSite
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa

University of Alabama.