SCREEN-L Archives

December 1997, Week 3

Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:19:21 -0600
I'm working on a paper on Orson Welles's "Touch of Evil." I want to
explore if there are any readings of the contingent effects of Welles's
homosexuality on his films, and if psychoanalysis could help uncover
these.

First and foremost, WAS Welles homosexual? I have read to that effect
in the past, but all the biographies that I now have don't mention it. So
now I have no information to cite, and my paper is due in a week!!!!!!

Does anyone out there have any books/articles/information in mind?

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite