SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:44:56 -0500
Occasionally Screen-L users (like Margaret Morse--see below) wonder if a
message of theirs was posted properly.  There are a couple of ways to check
on this:

1.  Seeing your own Screen-L messages.

Screen-L is set up so that the messages you submit are *not* sent back to
you when they are distributed to all of Screen-L.  However, you can change
this setting for your own personal subscription.  If you wish, the messages
you post *will* also be sent to you when they're distributed to Screen-L.

To do this, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put this in your message:

set Screen-L repro

2.  Searching the Screen-L archives.

You can search the archives of Screen-L for your messages.  Just e-mail
[log in to unmask] and put the following in your message:

search [search item] in Screen-L

Replace "[search item]" with the word(s) you're looking for.  You will
receive e-mail in return that reports on whether the word was found and
explains how to request copies of messages containing that word.

Any problems?  Let me know.

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 08:55:34 -0800 Margaret Morse <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Subject: Re: New Screen-L Moderator
>
>        Just a clarification about what is acceptable to post.  I sent this
>post in to the Kuchar query, but so far as I know, it never was sent out,
>judging from the fact I never got it from the list.

----
Jeremy Butler
Associate Professor
ScreenSite http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa