SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
David Goldblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 15:29:12 +0100
On the race, class, gender, sexual orientation, request, it might be of
interest that the Philosophy Dept at Denison University, of which I am a
member, will show PARIS IS BURNING as its First Year film this year.
Although this is a documentary it does raise every issue specified in
Chella's request and there is a certain narrative strand to it.  An
excellent film, hope you will check it out.

David Goldblatt

>Dear List Members,
>I am teaching a junior/senior film course in the spring on Issues of Race,
>Class, Gender, and Sexual Orientation in Contemporary International Film. I
>plan to show 6-8 films. So far, I have decided to show: _Once Were
>Warriors_, _Duaghters of the Dust_, and _The Wedding Banquet_. Any ideas
>for other films? I would very much appreciate your suggestions and advice.
>Thanks, Chella Courington.

>" I feel the revolutionalizing of our continent hinges on the woman question."
>     Ama Ata Aidoo, in Adeola James, _In Their Own Voices_
>

>Chella Courington
>Associate Professor of Literature
>Huntingdon College; Montgomery, AL 36106
>
>----
>To sign off SCREEN-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
>in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

University of Alabama.