SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
Mark Pizzato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 15:05:31 -0400
I'm looking for journal articles and books on the sublimation of violence
in televised sports today, especially NFL Football, which I hope to compare
with the ritual display of violence in ancient Rome and preconquest
Mesoamerica.

Any suggestions for research?  Or direct responses to this topic?

Mark Pizzato
Dept. of Dance and Theatre
UNC-Charlotte
(704) 547-4488