SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 2

From:
Sommer/Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:18:59 -0500
>Jill  [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I'm going to be teaching a course on Midnight Movies and would really like
>to show some early work by the Kuchar Brothers, George and Mike.

Canyon Cinema in San Francisco has a long list of George Kuchar's films (on
16mm):  (415) 626-2255

The Film-Maker's Cooperative in New York carries films by both George and
Mike Kuchar:  (212) 889-3820

And the Video Data Bank in Chicago distributes many of the videos that
George Kuchar has made in the last decade (e.g. "Weather Diaries") -- if
you like his early film work, you might enjoy these in-camera edited videos
as well!  The Video Data Bank is at (312) 345-3550.

Best,

Ines Sommer
(School of the Art Institute of Chicago)

University of Alabama.