SCREEN-L Archives

August 1997, Week 3

From:
jennifer evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 07:47:08 PDT

To respond back to Chris Worsnop on the matter of seeing a child flip
out after watching a violent  TV show.  That may be true Chris but the
children you have seen may have a little more stability in their
families and aren t given the right and wrongs of what is seen on TV
this day and age.  Kids respond differently at home than they do at
school.

Also in your response about re-enacting what you watched on the cowboy
shows well when you did this did you pretend to shoot the bad guys well
if so I hate to tell you but you did do something violent.  I am not
saying it is bad but I am just making a point that some kids do take it
to an extreme, and make their playing with a toy gun to one day using a
real gun and killing someone.   I know not all kids are like this but
there are some out there whether you want to believe is your own
business but it does happen.  Thank you for your insight into what you
believe is happening or not happening in the TV world of today.