SCREEN-L Archives

August 1997, Week 3

From:
Bet MacArthur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:43:49 -0400
Without getting too specific about "definitions" of "perversion," we solicit
from Screen-L readers the names of films after 1944 which deal with
perversion in men or women. To give you a feel for our dilemma, titles
already suggested to us include (no, we won't defend all of these) Blue
Velvet, Crash, Fatal Attraction, The Collector, Rope, Lolita, Angels and
Insects, M Butterfly, Blood Simple, Dr. Strangelove, The Rapture, Chinatown,
Hard Core, In The Realm of the Senses, Dressed to Kill, Dead Ringers, Chloe
in the Afternoon, Rambling Rose, City of Women, Swept Away.
I feel strongly this loose list overlooks some further compelling examples.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bet MacArthur & Ray Ishigata
Arts Analysis Institute
Cambridge MA