SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
"C.Kay Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:13:39 +1200
These questions all work from the assumption that* all* sex and violence on
TV is 'bad' and has a harmful effect on viewers.  Who says sex and violence
on TV should be limited and why?  For sure I might support some limits ion
some instances, I do have limits myself.  I wouldn't want to see 120 Days
of Sodom on TV really.  But I think you need to ask some questions about
your own assumptions before going ahead with this research.

Kay Weaver