SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
Morgan Gallgher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 05:21:02 +0100
In message <l03010d00afff644ca28a@[130.132.159.47]>, gloria monti
<[log in to unmask]> writes

>        So, this becomes *Krin's* mistake.  Interesting.  It was also *my*
>mistake, when I first subscribed to the list--in 1993.  I don't think the
>mistake is ours, BTW.  I think that rather than
>accomodating the needs of those "non-academically trained individual with
>an interest in film" (in the words of Katie Hawks) who feel alienated by
>theoryspeak, they should be redirected to another kind of film discussions,
>such as Cinema-L.

Is asking a question the same as feeling alienated?

I was one of the ones who asked the question - I am a film scholar.
Should I get myself fired? ;-)

I don't think there was any suggestion that Deborah felt alienated by
discussion in here, more that she enjoyed the challenge.

--
Morgan

"Nunc demum intellego," dixit Winnie ille Pu.  "Stultus et
delusus fui," dixit "et ursus sine ullo cerebro sum."