SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 3

From:
Shawn Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 22:12:14 -0700
Well, so long as we're moving into matters non-cinematic, when California
decriminalized marijuana in the late-'70s (said statute, like all others in
the state, becoming institutionalized at midnight on New Year's Eve
following passage by the legislature and governor), vandals altered the
sign to read "Hollyweed."

Memories, as Dino sang, are made of these...

Shawn Levy