SCREEN-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

From:
Michael Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 13:30:41 -0600
*IndieZine* is celebrating its ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

IndieZine is the Internet's *premier* electronic magazine (e-zine)
dedicated to the spirit and advancement of independent film/videomaking and
screenwriting!

In our just-released May '97 SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY ISSUE, we have included
*highlights* from some of the-most topical issues, such as "Financing For
Indie Films", "Distribution For Indie Films", "Grants and Funding" and
others!

This past year IndieZine has highlighted these topics:

1996
May     INAUGURAL ISSUE (*buffet* of information on indie
film/video/screenwriting!)
June    FINANCING FOR INDEPENDENT FILMS (banks/lending institutions/investors)
July    DISTRIBUTION FOR INDEPENDENT FILMS (film/video distributors
w/contact info)
August  INSIDER SCREENWRITING INFO ('insider' tips, techniques/advice)
Sept.   GRANTS AND FUNDING (complete listing of funding sources/sites)
Oct.    DIY: DO IT YOURSELF! (how to create a small-budget indie film)
Nov.    SUCCESS IN CINEMA!      (Special Holiday Issue!)
Dec.    "UNCLE FES-TER" (preping for the Telluride Indie Film/Screenwriters
Festival)

1997
Jan/Feb SPECIAL INDIEFEST ISSUE (re-cap on the Telluride fest/other indie
festivals)
March   "IN YOUR SHORTS! & WHAT'S UP, DOCS?" (short films & docs,
insights/advice)
April   MUSIC FOR FILMS! (critical importance of film music/soundtracks)

That's 12 issues of IndieZine delivered *right to your emailbox* on the
last Saturday of each month!

As well, we will send you the disk/file, "GUERRILLA FILMMAKING 101"
absolutely-FREE with your subscription to IndieZine!

IndieZine currently 'abstracts' (300 words or less) from the-most prominent
print publications in the independent film/video and screenwriting
industry, which includes:
FILMMAKER, FILM CREW, FILM COMMENT, FILM THREAT, HOLLYWOOD SCRIPTWRITER,
THE INDEPENDENT (Film & Video Monthly), MOVIEMAKER, SIGHT AND SOUND (the
UK) and others from around the globe!

As well, we constantly research relevant newsgroups, mailing lists, and web
sites on the Internet and  World Wide Web to provide our subscribers with
up-to-date *news and information* on the independent scene!

Our goal at IndieZine is to become the 'USA TODAY/READER DIGEST' of the
indie community - providing topical and concise information to our readers,
all in one informative (and affordable) package!

Please visit IndieZine's web site at:   http://telluridemm.com/indizine.html
and preview a FREE sample issue!

If you are interested, just hit *REPLY* we will email you a subscription form!

Film and Write On!

Michael Carr
Publisher/Editor: IndieZine
Director: Telluride Independent Film & Screenwriters Festival (held Jan. 30
- Feb. 2, 1997)