SCREEN-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

From:
Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:01:31 +0100
On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 12:23:10 -0600 Dan Streible <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I am interested in, but have not yet seen, the new Routledge textbook AN
> INTRODUCTION TO FILM STUDIES, edited by Jill Nelmes.  Has the book been
> getting a good reception?  Has anyone used it, as a teacher or student, who
> might share feedback with me?

I haven't heard of it, and am a little surprised that they're doing one, having
just published Susan Hayward's "Key Concepts in Film Studies".  I thought that
the OUP Mast/Cohen book together with Pam Cook's omnipotent "The Cinema Book"
just about had that bit of the market sewn up.  But there again, I suppose it's
hardly surprising that Routledge are trying to conquer the universe...

Leo Enticknap
Univ. of Exeter, UK

http://www.sa.ua.edu/screensite