SCREEN-L Archives

April 1997, Week 4

From:
Maureen Furniss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:53:38 -0700
PART-TIME POOL
FILM AND TELEVISION STUDIES
CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY

Chapman University in Orange, California, is currently seeking applications
for a pool of part-time Film Studies instructors to teach in the following
areas: Film Aesthetics, TV History, International Cinema (particularly
French and German, or Asian cinema), as well as genre courses and
specialized courses within the applicant's area of research.  Applicants
should possess a Ph.D. or be close to completion.

Chapman University is a private university in the beautiful old towne
section of the city of Orange, in Orange County, California. Our main
campus has approximately 3,000 students, many of whom live on campus or
nearby. We have a diverse international student population studying in a
variety of degree programs, including professional and graduate work in
fine arts, law, teacher education, business and psychology. The School of
Film and Television is one of the largest on campus, with over 300
undergraduate and graduate students in film studies, producing,
screenwriting and film production programs. We will be adding a multimedia
program in Fall 1997.

The School of Film and Television has eleven full-time faculty and many
part-time faculty.  Our production facilities feature state-of-the-art
editing rooms with the most D-Vision editing stations found in any
university in the country. We also have at least two film series running
each week, featuring 35 mm and 16 mm film projections. Recent guests have
included a host of independent and commercial filmmakers, including
live-action filmmaker Robert Zemekis, animator Chuck Jones, animator John
Kricfalusi, film preservationist David Shepard and many others. The
scholarly publication, Animation Journal, is published under the auspices
of the department.

Mail a cover letter, resume, the names and phone numbers of three
references, teaching evaluations, and a writing sample to:

Maureen Furniss, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator, Film Studies
Chapman University School of Film and Television
333 N. Glassell St.
Orange, CA 92866

E-mail questions to: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 714-744-7018
Fax: 714-997-6700

Maureen Furniss, Ph.D.
Editor, Animation Journal
Assistant Professor, School of Film and Television
Chapman University, 333 N. Glassell, Orange, CA 92866 USA
Tel: 714-744-7018; Fax: 714-997-6700; E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Animation Journal home page: http://www.chapman.edu/animation