SCREEN-L Archives

April 1997, Week 2

From:
Kim Hale x5355 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Hale x5355 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 12:07:52 -0500
THIS MESSAGE IS BEING CROSS-POSTED.  PLEASE FORGIVE THE DUPLICATION.

I realize that this information might be out of context for the list, but I
thought this would be of interest to the membership.

Friday - Sunday  April 18-20 AND April 25-27, 1997

"African Visions III: Voices of the Screen Griots" celebrates the best
films about the multifaceted global experience of African and African
descended people through the eyes of the Screen Griots, our new cinematic
storytellers.  Highlighted this year are the works of filmmakers of African
descent from Europe and Canada.

Screenings and panel discussions are free and open to the public, but
tickets are required to attend.

Theaters are located at 600 and 624 S. Michigan Ave., and 623 S. Wabash.

For more information, or a program schedule, call (312) 663-1600, x5170
or (312) 663-1124.

Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
Columbia College Library
624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 663-1600, x5355 (voice)  (312) 663-1707 (fax)