SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 4

From:
Nick Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:21:21 -0500
>I know you are new to college, but asking a bunch of people for answers
>online is not "research."  You should hit the library and find texts that

I'd like to mildly disagree, or partially disagree perhaps.  One possible
response to this assignment is to conduct an interview with a person or two
in the field.  But the way to do that is not to send out a vague query to a
list, but rather to ask if any professional in the field would be willing
to be interviewed, online or otherwise, for a project on careers in the
field.

  Nick Chapman  [log in to unmask]   http://www.umich.edu/~nwc
  Program in American Culture, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
48109-1027

  One of the virtues of having a system of values is that you know exactly
what to laugh at.
        - Virginia Woolf