SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
Amanda Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 20:30:22 -0600
At 02:05 PM 3/20/97 GMT, you wrote:

>What I need are:
>
>1. Titles of the movies in which someone projected him/herself into a
>movie/computer game. The only example I can think of so far is Woody
>Allen's "The Purple Rose of Cairo" (however I am not sure whether the
>viewer entered the movie or the movie hero came down to her -- can anyone
>solve this?)

I can only think of two. One is the Schwarzenegger movie "The Last Action
Hero." Both the viewer entered the movie AND the movie hero came out to
him. There was another made-cable-movie a few years ago starring John
DeLancie about a computer game that sort of sucked kids into it. I think it
became sentient and made them play in it's world. I can't for the life of
me remember the title - I only remember it because of DeLancie.

Amanda