SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
Patrick Bjork <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 00:22:32 -0600
>                      NEW CALL FOR WEBGEIST SUBMISSIONS
>>
>>Webgeist, an electronic magazine for the erudite websurfer, announces its
>>third Forum issue to be published in April 30, 1997.
>>
>>Manuscripts of any length will be accepted until **April 15, 1997,** which may
>>focus on, from both pragmatic and theoretical perspectives, the present and
>>future state of American education.
>>
>>Much has been written/discussed--on the Net, on teevee, in
>>newspapers, magazines, scholarly journals and anthologies--about the
>>present and future state of American education. What are your thoughts on
>>this topic? We hope to compile multiple perspectives into our Forum3 issue. To
>>view WEBGEIST and submission guidelines go to:
>>
>>http://www.bsc.nodak.edu/English/webgeist/webgeist.htm
>>
>>We also invite responses to any of the previous Forum essays, and will
>>publish your responses on an ongoing basis. Please make your responses of
>>sufficient magnitude in order to encourage continuing dialogue on the chosen
>>topic.
>>
>>Also, we continue to make our ongoing general call for stories and poems,
>>book, music, video, film, and CD reviews. Graphic artists are encouraged to
>>submit small (30-50K) JPG or GIF files of artwork. We accept and publish
>>fiction, poetry, and reviews on an ongoing basis.
>>
>>Thanks for your interest!
>
>--patrickB

Patrick Bjork, Ph.D.
Dept. of English
Bismarck State College
http://www.bsc.nodak.edu/English/fallsp.htm            *
http://www.bsc.nodak.edu/English/webgeist/webgeist.htm *
"Language is like a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes
for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the
the stars to pity."     --_Madame Bovary_