SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 2

From:
Brian Keith Aurand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:43:39 -0500
For me, the statement, "the medium is the message" has always been a
modification because the first book by McLuhan that I ever read was
entitled, THE MEDIUM IS THE MASSAGE by McLuhan and Quentin Fiore. If you
have not seen this (experienced it?) then it may be worth checking out.

brian

======================================
brian k aurand
comparative literature
university of maryland at college park
301-405-2853
OFFICE HOURS: Tues. 12:30-1:30
              Thur. 3:30-4:30

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Sue Roberts wrote:

> I can remember reading that McLuhan himself qualifies this oft-cited quote in
> way
> which undermines its commonly accepted meaning, but I can't remember where.
 Can