SCREEN-L Archives

February 1997, Week 1

From:
Bjorn Aas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 20:59:10 +0100
At 04:17 02.02.97 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if it is possible to get tickets for the academy awards
>or is it just by private invitation only?

Last year we met the assistant producer of the Academy TV show during our
study tour to L.A. She told numerous stories about the difficulties with
seating the right persons besides each other. (Who liked whom, and whom had
fallen out with each other and so on.)

As long as the awards ceremony are held at the same place, it is far to few
seats to all that should have been there. So I won't discourage you from
trying, but would be very impressed if you managed. (Wave a sign saying "I
made it" to the cameras!)

Greetings

Bjorn Aas, TV-lecturer, Danvik Folkehogskole, N-3046 Drammen, Norway
             (Danvik School of Media and Communication)
  Tel: ..47 3283 1290  Fax: ..47 3289 1245  E-mail [log in to unmask]
             Home-page http://www.sn.no/home/bjoernaa/