SCREEN-L Archives

January 1997, Week 3

From:
Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:57:09 +0000
On Fri, 17 Jan 1997 23:37:58 EST Richard C Cante <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Back to Basics, for a moment . . . .
>
> This summer, I'm hoping to teach a "Communications Technology" seminar for
> Master's students.  The approach will be primarily social and historical.
> However, I'd like to include some readings which substantially but clearly
> explain, in reasonable detail, the general technological ins and outs of
> the following:

> moving image recording and projection

Brian Coe, "The History of Movie Photography", Westport NJ, 1982
Raymond Fielding (ed.) "A Technological History of Motion Pictures and
Television" (U. of California Press, can't remember the date)
L. Bernard Happe, "Your Film and the Lab"
HIGHLTY RECCOMENDED: Brian Winston, "Technologies of Seeing", London, BFI, 1996
"The Motion Picture Presentation Manual", London, British Kinematograph, Sound
& TV Society, can't remember the date

Hope this helps

Leo Enticknap
Bill Douglas Centre for the History of Cinema and Popular Culture
*** look at our website on http://www.ex.ac.uk/bill.douglas/ ***
University of Exeter, UK