SCREEN-L Archives

November 1996, Week 2

From:
Matthew Milam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:38:52 +0000
I know i have asked alot of stupid questions.....

But i am now willing to ask for help on something that needs
critiquing.....My First Scene.  Tell me what you think.

The Choice and The Consequence

By Matthew Milam

FADE IN:

INT.  BEDROOM- EARLY MORNING

A YOUNG PRE-ADULT MAN is sleeping in his bed violently, the sheets are
being tossed around as his arms and legs are being neurotically
charged.  Images pass threw his head as this happens, most of them are
seconds apart.  Suddenly he wakes up to find himself in his bedroom
shocked with fear, embarrassed with shame and lost in confusion.

The man is 18-year-old MATTHEW MILAM, a pudgy sort who's about 6'0,
And a little moonish in the face.

As he finds that his back in reality, Matthew tries to find the light
switch and succeeds.  Looking at his alarm clock next to his bed, he
finds out that it's 5:30 in the morning.  Matthew gets out of bed only
to look at a red book, it turns out to be his high school diploma
which he got in June.  Matthew opened it up to see his name on it.
Only then did he know he was finally out of there, but not in his
dreams.  It had been a problem for him ever since his left there.
Every night he would go to sleep and always remember the terror he
felt there and the loneliness.  He decided not to think about it and
turned of the lights to get some sleep. For he had to go to college
later that morning.
Matthew Milam