SCREEN-L Archives

November 1996, Week 1

From:
Marketing2 Temp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 16:04:15 ES
> I'm thinking about exploring comedies in which one or more central
>characters participate in transgenderism, transsexuality, and/or simple
>crossdressing and gender role reversal. These activities could be either
>temporary or could last throughout the duration of the film.

This topic was the subject of a set of group projects in a "Gender and Film
Genres" course I took, and ALL OF ME, with Steve Martin & Lily Tomlin was one
of the included films.  In addition, there was a thriller about a man who
dressed in drag & killed women.  Anyone remember the title?

There was also a "Rock Hudson in a bathrobe scene" in LOVER COME BACK.

Laura Ciampa