SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 3

From:
Chris Worsnop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 12:56:08 -0400
Within the next three or four weeks I will publish my new resource-book,
"Assessing Media Work: Authentic Assessment in Media Education".

The book has two purposes:
1. To explain issues of assessment (such as validity, reliability, fairness,
authenticity) in clear and plain language, and to link good assessment to
good instruction in outcomes-based education.
2. To provide a number of asssessment istruments for assessing the work
students do in media formats such as video, audio, story-board etc. The
central assessment instrument is a very detailed rubric. There are close to
twenty other assessment instruments and forms in the book.

Many colleagues who saw the manuscript at the recent Center for Media
Literacy International conference in Los Angeles were enthusiastic about
what they saw.

You can read an article describing the book on the Media Awareness Network at

<http://www.screen.com/mnet/eng/>

click on "education" then on "assessment".

Please contact me at

if you would like further details.

Chris M. Worsnop
Consultant, speaker, workshop leader
Assessment, writing, media education

2400 Dundas Street West
Unit 6, Suite 107
Mississauga
Ontario, Canada
L5K 2R8

Email:  <[log in to unmask]>
Phone:  (905) 823-0875

"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
H.G. Wells