SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 1

Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 17:42:21 GMT
In message  <[log in to unmask]>
 [log in to unmask] writes:
> > Sometimes it's the simple truths that make the point, regardless
> > of how grown up and complex the arguments then get about cultural
> > differences.
> >

> Point well taken, but  a simplistic argument *does* perpetuate
> certain ways of looking at things and dealing with issues that does not
> change a thing.
>
> Shashwati

Oh absolutely.  One thing I think that has been shown by these few notes,
that may help Patricia in constructing her programme, is how
vital it is to flesh out such 'simple truths', developing them into
graspable and understandable issues, rather than letting such
material stand for itself: once the eye is caught, that's when the
brain must be fired up for action!

(Cool name...what's it mean?  I collect name meanings!)

--
Morgan  (Sea Dweller)