SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Michael Plott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 21:17:58 -0400
In a message dated 96-09-11 20:22:43 EDT, you (Simone) write:

>>First of all, I guess I need to address the person
>who said I "must be paranoid", and that I needed to look into
>my own heart for signs of racism. <<

I am apparently not getting all the posts sent to this list because I
definitely did not see this one----and just from reading what Simone replied
to, I think I am glad.

I did not think the Lion King was racist, but maybe I am not particularly
sensitive to some of the subtle ways that films can be slanted.   That is my
comment to Simone----now to whomever feels compelled to make personal attacks
on anyone for any reason, I must add my voice to Simone's plea for
non-personal (even friendly) debate.

If a post generates that much emotion then we must be onto a subject that
should be explored, but let's always remember to respect each other even if
we don't agree.
Mike
PS.....when reading the above post, try to think "Charlton Heston"----(it
sounds a lot better that way)