SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Tony Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 17:30:36 CST
 I think David Bordwell's FILM HISTORY mentions that Coppola cut some footage
from NAPOLEON when it was shown in New York to accomodate his Dad's crummy
musical score.
 When shown on British TV, the powers that be decided not to show the final
triptych after debating initially that audiences ought to have three TVs in
their room to see the effect. This is true. I actually phoned the company up
at the time and learned this astounding fact!!!
  The American version does have the triptych but the sound needs to be
turned dowm throughout the entire film due to the dreadful music score.
  Tony Williams