SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 2

From:
Ron Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 09:08:32 -0400
Since we're on the topic of blow-ups.  As anyone ever noticed how many
films inaccurately depict the print development process.  From red safe
lights (they should be amber) to hanging prints to dry without washing
them (right out of the fixer!).

I also watched White Wolf II because the picture on the box showed a
tandem boat in whitewater with the occupants performing a competent
looking eddy turn.  When I watched the film I was disappointed to find
that the actors didn't have a clue as to how to paddle a tandem
canoe--even the "leader" of the group, who was supposed to have some
expertese in these matters.

Has anyone else noticed movies depicting hobbies, sports activities, etc.
that have shown an appalling or at least ludicrous lack of verisimilitude.
Another one which comes to mind (in older films) is steering an airplane
like a car.

Ron Hoffman